Cancer –its world’s leading cause of death, but about 1 in 3 cases can be prevented, according to the World Health Organization.
There is no magic pill to keep you from getting cancer, but you can do some things to improve your odds.
- Drop the Weight: – Nearly 70% of Americans are overweight or obese — and those extra pounds drive up your chances of several types of cancer, including in your esophagus, pancreas, colon, kidneys, and thyroid gland. With fewer people smoking, obesity may pass tobacco as the top preventable cause of cancer. If every adult cut their body mass index (a measure of your body fat) by 1%, it might cut the number of new cases by as many as 100,000.
- Eat Less Red Meat: – Along with cured meats like bacon, hot dogs, and lunch meat, this has been linked to a higher risk of colon and stomach cancers. The American Institute for Cancer Research recommends no more than 18 ounces of these a week, or a little over a pound.
- Wear Sunscreen: –Harmful rays from the sun can give you more than a sunburn. Ultraviolet radiation can cause skin cancer, the most common kind of cancer in the U.S. And people who spend a lot of time in the sun have a higher risk. Most cases are curable if they’re found and treated early, but they can be life-threatening if they spread to other parts of your body. Sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or higher can help protect you.
- Don’t Count on Supplements: – A diet rich in vegetables, fruits, and whole grains is a better bet than nutritional supplements to lower your risk of cancer. Supplements don’t give you the same benefits as whole foods, and they can throw off the balance of other nutrients in your body. Supplements may help with certain conditions, but don’t bet on them to prevent cancer
- Cut Down on Sugar: -Foods or drinks with a lot of sugar tend to have more calories per ounce. If you have them often, you’re more likely to take inmore calories than you burn in a day. That can make you gain weight — and possibly increase your risk of cancer. You don’t have to skip the sugar entirely, but keep an eye out for things with added sweeteners.
- Get Vaccinated for HPV: Human papilloma virus (HPV) is often passed from person to person through sex. It can live in your body for years and you might not even notice. It’s the cause of nearly all cervical cancers in women and also can cause cancer of the vagina, penis, anus, mouth, and throat. Girls can get the vaccine between the ages of 9 and 26, and boys from 9 to 21. Using condoms can also lower your chances of getting HPV.
- Get off the Couch: –People who exercise are less likely to get cancer of the colon, breast, or uterus. When you’re up and moving around, your body uses more energy, digests food faster, and prevents a buildup of some hormones that are linked to cancer. Being active also can help head off other health problems like heart disease or diabetes.
- Stub out That Butt: – Do you smoke? It causes various kinds of cancer, as well as heart and lung disease. Though the share of Americans who light up regularly has dropped from more than 40% in the 1960s to about 15%, tobacco is still the No. 1 cause of preventable death in the U.S.
- Ease off the Sauce: –You know which one we mean. Drinking too much alcohol can raise your risk of cancers of the digestive system — your stomach, liver, and colon, among others — as well as breast and throat cancer. It can hurt tissues in your body, damage your liver, and mix with other chemicals to harm your cells. Men shouldn’t have more than two drinks a day, and women should limit it to one.
- Get a Hepatitis B Shot: – People who have the hepatitis B virus are 100 times more likely to get liver cancer, one of the fastest-growing kinds. And those who have chronic liver problems, several sex partners, or share needles to use drugs have a high risk of getting hepatitis B, along with people who work with human blood. But a vaccine can prevent infection. Talk with your doctor about it if you think you’re at risk.
- Get Screened: –The sooner the warning signs of cancer are spotted, the better your odds of recovery. A variety of tests can check for different types, like breast, colon, prostate, or skin. Ask your doctor which of these screenings you should get, and when.
- Role of Alternative Therapies to Cure Cancer: –An ongoing series highlighting alternative therapies, adapted from The Complete Guide to Complementary Therapies in Cancer Care by Barrie R. Cassileth, MS, PhD, Chief, Integrative Medicine Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Complementary therapies are noninvasive, non-pharmacologic adjuncts to mainstream treatment. They improve patients’ strength and control of the physical and emotional symptoms associated with cancer and other illnesses. They provide self-help guidance to enhance body and soul at times when one feels vulnerable and life seems out of control. Complementary therapies are used as adjuncts to mainstream care of cancer and other illnesses, not as substitutes. They improve physical and emotional function and manage stress and symptoms of aging, regardless of health status. Complementary therapies are rational, evidence-based practices delivered or taught by trained practitioners. They include mind-body practices such as meditation, Acupressure, Magnetic therapies; nutritional counseling; physical fitness, including programs such as aerobic exercise, qigong, tai chi, yoga, and many other practices; music therapy, Detoxification, Far Infra-Red Sauna, Ozone Bath Spa and Kangen Water.
- Magnets cure cancer! Unbelievable but true: –Albert Roy Davis was the first scientist in the world to discover that the North and South poles of magnetism are two separate and distinct energies with opposite effects. He made the discovery in 1936, and he was already experimenting with magnetism on cancer in the 1940’s. The research of Davis and his associate, Walter C. Rawls, Jr., has proven that the North Pole energy can eliminate cancer. This has been confirmed by many doctors in many nations. In fact, in the Journal of the National Medical Association, Volume 82, Number 9 (1990), a series of experiments were performed that once again confirmed Davis’ discovery of the two pole effects on cancer. “In an attempt to verify the effects of magnetic fields on cancer, an experiment was performed using human lung carcinoma cells (A-549). The results indicated that a significant decrease in the growth of these cells occurred between 6 and 144 hours when placed in close proximity to the north field of a 3.5 kilogauss magnet (written Personal communications. Philip M. Lorio, February, 1988.
- Do Acupressure help with cancer? In the United States, Acupressure/Acupuncture is used to treat a variety of symptoms and conditions associated with cancer and the side effects of cancer treatments. A number of cancer centers in the U.S., including Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) in Boston, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, and M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston are integrating Acupressure/Acupuncture into cancer care. This trend parallels a broader trend of increasing use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) among cancer patients, estimated in some surveys to range between 48% and 83%. Specific use of acupuncture by cancer patients is estimated to range between 1.7% and 31%. Despite interest by conventional care providers and the public in the integration of acupuncture into cancer care, the full extent to which acupuncture can be applied to oncology care is limited by research evidence regarding its efficacy and safety in treating and preventing cancer-related symptoms.
- Ozone Therapy Helps to Kill Cancer Cells & Prolong Life: –Ozone is one of the most beneficial adjunct therapies we can offer animals. Ozone therapy adds oxygen to tissue, which promotes microcirculation. Bringing more oxygen into the body, especially into areas that are inflamed, alleviates that inflammation. The therapy can also reduce cancer cells, because cancer doesn’t like oxygen and doesn’t thrive in an oxygenated environment.
- Far Infra-Red Sauna Direct Cancer Cell Death: –The principle of hyperthermia is that cancer cells are much more sensitive to and intolerant of the effects of excessive heat than normal cells. Tumors have an impaired ability to adapt their blood circulation to the effects of high temperatures. Said simply, because cancer cells are weaker than normal cells, they are more susceptible to damage from heat. In fact, high temperatures can actually kill cancer cells, usually without damage to healthy cells.
- Foot Detox Spa Fastest Way to Detox From Chemotherapy Toxins: – Fastest way to detox from chemo;After taking the time to rebalance yourself emotionally, mentally, and spiritually, it’s time to go onto the next phase of your healing journey, which is to detox your body from the toxic side effects of the chemotherapy and radiation therapy.Whether you’ve had one treatment or many, or whether it’s been one year or several years, the toxins
For more details visit: –
Dr. Kamal Bio Magnetic Holistic Health Centre
| 226/5, Sukhumvit Soi 22, Bangkok, |
“G” Building Seven Seas Condos & Resort Chaiyapruk Road- Pattaya
Mobile: +66869032543 Email: email@example.com web. www.drkamalholistic.com